What is SingUP?
SingUP is a project to celebrate women who use their voices to sing up for social justice and to lift others up from sexual/gender discrimination, racism, injustice, poverty, mental and physical torture, slavery, violence, imprisonment and other forms of misery.
Although the initial direction of the project focused on the site creator's selection of activist/artists, it soon broadened to include the stories of other women.
- As the country marks 150 years of Confederation, five of Canada's most distinguished filmmakers respond to Buffy Sainte-Marie's call to "Keep Calm and Decolonize" and offer an alternative vision.
- Joan Baez is putting out what she has decided will be her final album.
- Female indigenous artists - CBC Music - includes profile on new instant fave Iskwé
- Resistance Revival - a collective of more than 60 women who come together to sing protest songs in the spirit of collective joy & resistance.
- Michelle Obama’s COS Turned To Dixie Chicks To Alleviate Election Night Pain
- Peggy Seeger has had to call off all her concert dates in May and June
- Joan Baez writes song to protest Donald Trump as POTUS
- Joan Baez is inducted into Rolling Stones' Rock and Roll Hall of Fame